While the talk about consumer attitudes about advertising often paints a picture of doom and gloom that rivals Hollywood, we’re here to offer a positive perspective. We asked 1,000 of our “closest friends” to fill out a survey and tell us the good, the off-putting, and the promising about what personalized ads resonate and how brands can earn their time and trust.
One of the positive aspects of everything going on this year is innovation. Much of the old approaches, playbooks, and strategies are being re-imagined as consumer habits and behaviors are reinvented. This has led to trends like planning around where customers engage, using channels traditionally reserved for reach in new ways (did somebody say TV?), or using data and technology to make personalization less painful.
While this new mindset is exciting, brands that also incorporate the preferences of consumers in their campaigns will cultivate a winning omni-channel strategy tailored to their unique business goals. Lucky for you, we’ve put together all these full findings in this nifty infographic that you can explore to your heart’s content.
In the meantime, here’s a quick TL; DR (i.e., too long, didn’t read) summary:
- Seize the Moment: Consumers are more open to personalized than ever before, with 43 percent agreeing that it’s important.
- Ads That Click: Ads about events and product offers are most likely to be clicked.
- As Seen on Social: Consumers see personalized ads most often on social media.
- Direct Dollars: 40 percent have made a purchase as a direct result of a personalized ad.
- Consumers See Your Effort: Consumers take notice of brands that get it right, especially retailers.